Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Final Project: Who am I Aiming These Clothes At

I have a high-end golf product.  I already have an advantage because golf is already an expensive game.  “Lauren recognized that this market had a big spending power.” Brand Story Joseph Hancock Page 44.  Golf is one of those games where I can target my clothes to any age.  "Johnny is an avid fan of popular culture and is influenced by symbols that influence youth and signify Americans." Brand Story Joseph Hancock Page 111.  Looking at the small things all around me should influence my style on what I want to see on the golf course.  Working in the golf industry and going to golf school has showed me that there is a huge market from ages 15-25.  All of these young kids want to look great and have all the new expensive things that can make them look and play better.  This is not only a hard game to understand but anything that can make you play better you do.  People think if you look good, you can play good.  “In other words, the goal is to question what each fashion brand is about, why the companies advertise the way they do, and to learn not to take advertisements and brands at face value.” Brand Story Joseph Hancock Page 9.   This is going to be really important to my business this just tells me that I am going to have to get my name out there.  Advertising is what will get me started!  “The Abercrombie brand associates, as the retailers refers to its sales people.”  Brand Story Joseph Hancock Page 101.  If you are going to sell a product to a certain kind of person you have to be able to represent that product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment