Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Final Project: Define Your Market and Also your Identity

When thinking about my symbol I wanted to think about something that stood out, but is classy so that any golfer can wear.  "All of Johnny's fashion branding has been implemented through self promotion, work of mouth, or by using electronic methods such as e mail and the internet." Brand Story Joseph Hancock Page 109.  ITs all about understanding how you will get your product out in the open eye and what people use these days.  Internet is huge!  What I want my symbol to look like is an uppercase W with two golf clubs crossed over the W.  Not too much but just enough that the consumer knows what the clothes are used for.  The most important thing about selling golf clothes to golfers is that you have to be able to make them feel that they can’t live without your product.  “One objective of most retailers is to create stories, narratives, or myths that are reflective of popular culture, to entice consumers to purchase their products.” Brand Story Joseph Hancock Page 94.  Gofers are all about stories making them believe that they need something to make them better at what they are doing.  I have to be able to get my product out there and have to get people to start seeing my logo on clothes.  The sooner I get it out there the more people are going to see it and want to buy it.  “By definition, fashion branding is especially important in luxury retail.  The consumer looks for characteristic consistency of product, which includes quality, image and what the brand stands for and represents.”  Brand Story Joseph Hancock Page 95.  Once I have a solid product and it has great quality that is how I get my product going.  “Johnny’s branding strategies have included the use of a blog where he shares his personal experiences and relates them to his brand.”  Brand Story Joseph Hancock Page 109.  Any way that you can get people to view your company blogging is a great free idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment